Below are some of the most frequently asked questions related to SimpleAir®. If you do not see the answer to your question listed here, please visit the product pages listed on the left hand side of the page or contact customer service.
- How often is HVAC maintenance recommended?
We recommended that you plan pre-season maintenance for your unit in preparation for peak heating or cooling seasons. For example, spring maintenance for summer cooling and fall maintenance for winter heating. This regular, pre-season maintenance helps ensure that your unit is running optimally and efficiently during seasons with the highest levels of energy consumption. Your pre-season checklist should include:
- Check/change your air filters (this should ideally be done every two months)
- Check/clean your air conditioning evaporator and condenser coils
- Check/clean your condensate drain lines
- How important is it that I maintain my air conditioning system?
Think of it this way, you take your car in every 3,000 – 5,000 miles for an oil change and service – the same holds true for your HVAC unit. It is a part of your home investment and needs proper attention and maintenance to work effectively. A properly maintained unit can reduce home cooling costs by up to 25% during peak seasons and averages nearly double the lifespan of other systems not routinely serviced.
- Can I really handle regular maintenance and repairs myself?
Yes, with a basic knowledge of your HVAC unit and SimpleAir® products you can perform most minor repairs and regular maintenance without a professional service technician. However, use your judgment and if at any time you are uncomfortable or unsure of any procedures DO NOT PROCEED. Contact SimpleAir®’s Customer Service line at 1.855.342.3732 or your local technician for assistance.
- Do I need to rinse the coil cleaner off?
SimpleAir® EZ Green HVAC Coil Cleaner does NOT need to be rinsed off when used on condensate producing coils. It does need to be rinsed when used on condenser fins.
- Does the coil cleaner have a scent?
There is no scent or fragrance associated with the application of SimpleAir® EZ Green HVAC Coil Cleaner.
- How often do I need to clean my coils?
Twice per year. Pre-season cleaning is recommended for peak seasons – spring cleaning for summer cooling and fall cleaning for winter heating.
- Does the Clean FlowTM unit have a scent?
There is a slight scent associated to the Clean Flow treatment tablets that can be compared to the chlorine used to treat swimming pools.
- Where should the Clean FlowTM unit be installed?
The SimpleAir® Clean Flow unit should be installed in the 3/4” PVC condensate drain line prior to the drain or condensate pump.
- How long does the cartridge last?
Each Clean Flow refill cartridge lasts up to six months. The translucent housing for the unit allows you to quickly identify when the refill cartridge needs to be replaced. Refill cartridges should be kept in an air tight environment to prevent degradation of the water treatment properties.
- Do the Clean FlowTM Tabs have a scent?
There is a slight scent associated to the Clean Flow Tabs that can be compared to the chlorine used to treat swimming pools.
- Where do I put the tablets in my A/C unit?
If you have a condensate pump, you can insert the Clean Flow Tabs into the pump reservoir. If you have a window unit, the Clean Flow Tabs can go behind the front grill face in the condensate collection area.
- How long do the Clean FlowTM tablets last?
The Clean Flow Tabs last up to two months.
- How many gallons per minute can the condensate pump move?
The pump operates at 1.6 gallons per minute.
- What is the maximum vertical lift for the pump?
The pump can pump water up to a maximum height of 20’.
- Can I cut off the plug and hardwire it into my system?
This is not recommended as it compromises the integrity of the condensate pump and your HVAC system.
- How long is the hose for the Dehumidifier Installation Kit?
The kit contains two pieces of tubing. One is 20’ with a 3/8” diameter and can be cut to the desired length. The second piece is 3’ with a 3/8” diameter and standard 3/4” hose end adaptor for easy connection to the dehumidifier.
- What size is the inner diameter of the Dehumidifier Installation Kit?
Both pieces of tubing have a 3/8” inner diameter.
- What is the maximum temperature that the Clear Vinyl Tubing can handle?
SimpleAir® Clear Vinyl Tubing can withstand a maximum service temperature of 140°F (60°C).
- What size is the inner diameter of the Clear Vinyl Tubing?
The tubing has a 3/8” inner diameter.